When Ben and I went to Oregon, we drove out to the coast with my parents. Along the way, we stopped at the Redwood Forest and Ben found $3 stuffed into a crack in one of the huge trees. The money was really dirty, stained, and possibly mildewed.
Ben's idea to remedy this problem: put the money in the washing machine. Money is accidentally washed all the time and comes out okay.
Janelle's thoughts on Ben's idea: won't it tear up? Why not just use it the way it is?
I decided to give Ben's idea a try. Tonight, I washed a load of towels and threw the bills in with it.
Who do you think was right??
Drum roll please....

Janelle was! I opened the washer lid and saw shreds of money all over the place. We had to pull all the pieces off of the towels and let the lint catcher find the little bits we missed. I guess we should have tried washing it by hand if we weren't going to just use it the way it was. At least it was only $3!
3 comments:
you should have put it in the pocket of some jeans, then it can't tear! :)
Okay... that is pretty much hilarious! I mean honestly! So funny! I agree with Lindsay's idea! In the pocket it never tears! Did you guys enjoy the redwoods? They are soooooooooooooooooo big huh! It's cool!
I would have voted with you also. I hate it when I do that with receipts and then I have thousands of little pieces all over the laundry.
Post a Comment