Monday, October 12, 2009

Date Night

On Saturday after I got off of work, Ben and I went and tried out a new restaurant in Orem called Pirate Island Pizza. It is a really cool restaurant. The whole inside is decked out in a pirate theme: skeletons in cages, an entrance that looks like you're walking into a cave, a cool waterfall and pool with a pirate-dressed skeleton animatronic, a skeleton that rises from the water if you toss a coin in the other one's cup, a kitchen area that looks like a pirate ship on the outside, servers and hosts dressed as pirates, and more. There are also party rooms you can reserve, a playground for kids, an arcade, and a gift shop! This was one of the coolest restaurants I've ever been to! The food was really great too. They have soups, salads, sandwiches, wraps, pizza, chicken, shrimp, steak, and desserts. Ben had a yummy sandwich and I had a delicious wrap. The cost is about the same as any other typical restaurant, but the atmosphere is unbeatable! To find out more (including menu) and see pics, go here.

We followed our awesome dinner with a trip to the dollar theater and saw G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra. We actually really liked it, and had a really great date night overall.

By the way, they are building a Pirate Island Pizza restaurant in Flagstaff (Matt and Trista...maybe you should check it out next time you're in the area!) and many other locations in Utah.

2 comments:

Chad & Chels said...

COOL! Is that the one by University Mall? I really want to check it out now. Sounds like a way fun night! :)

blim4evans said...

I always wondered about that place, I will definitley have to try it. Have you been to the Mayan? Is it cooler than that?