Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Time Has Come

I am sad to announce that I am no longer in my twenties. Many good things happened for me during that decade, and I'd really like to hold on to that longer. Unfortunately, time goes by and my age continues to go up.

To celebrate this year, I slept in until about 11:15am. It was wonderful!! The only reason I even woke up at 11:15 was because Ben brought me breakfast in bed. He made a yummy toaster sandwich (eggs, cheese, ham on toast), sliced some bananas and strawberries, and brought me orange juice. YUM! Then I got ready for the day and opened my cards and gifts. Here is what the card from my mom said:




Ben got me some cute flip flops, I Love Lucy seasons 1 and 2, and a really nice cookware set!

Then Ben took me to get some gourmet cupcakes at a cute little shop in Orem. Oooh, were they good!

We went to Outback for dinner and then headed to the dollar theater to see Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader. We enjoyed the movie and I fully enjoyed my birthday (except for the snow that Mother Nature gave me as a gift)!



Thanks for a great day, Ben! I love you!

6 comments:

blim4evans said...

Happy belated birthday, you are one beautiful woman!

Walker said...

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY! I am so glad that you got spoiled on your special day. Being in your 30's is better than being in your 20's!

Dad D said...

It sounds like you had a fun day. Good for you Ben. Now I recommend that you freeze you age at the 30 mark. good thing is you don't feel any older, right. Love ya.

Arizona Dunbars said...

Sounds like a sweet day. I didn't even know people could sleep in until 11:15. Wow that is awesome. Happy old person birthday.

Rynell said...

Sounds delightful! Thirty is the new 27!

Kathryn said...

My parents sent me the same card. It must have been the funniest one for turning 30. So glad you had a happy birthday!