Friday, October 14, 2011

Do I Have To?

It only took about a month and a half, but I did get a job here in Tyler! :) When we moved here, the goal was for me to get a job that was NOT in a restaurant. I applied for Instructional Assistant positions in the some elementary schools, I applied at a couple of banks, I applied for a few office assistant positions, and a few other random things. I had about 3 total interviews from all the jobs I applied for...and did not get hired. Apparently, even though I may have been qualified, others were even more qualified and were better candidates for all those jobs. Boo. SO...I started applying at restaurants because I really do have most of my work experience in restaurants and I really needed a job. I was hired at the first place I applied. It sorta made me feel like I must only be suited for working in a restaurant, but I think it's because I'm good at it and I have a lot of experience doing it. So, I am once again working at a restaurant. This time it's Applebee's. It was a hard transition working there after coming from Brick Oven in Provo, but I have become used to it and it's tolerable. I still hope to find something else and am keeping an eye out for better opportunities, but at least I am working and bringing in some money now! :)

2 comments:

Dad D said...

Always good to have a job.

Cathy said...

It must make you feel good that you get the very FIRST restaurant job you even tried for. You'll be great until something even better comes along.