Monday, April 16, 2012

Randomness of February

Most of the things in this post are things I have already posted on FB, but I want to have them on the blog as well. So bear with me if you've already read about these things!
1. Living in Texas is far different from Utah...especially in the winter. I didn't see a single snow flake this winter! I love when it snows and I really missed seeing its pure, white, fluffy beauty as it piles inch after inch. However, even though I love it, I really don't miss how long winter can last in Utah! It snows in April...sometimes even May (it snowed on Memorial Day last year in Utah!). While I now get to enjoy having a winter that doesn't last as long...I do also wish that it would at least not be 83-degrees in February!! So different from Utah! I have never experienced such high temperatures in (what should be) winter! We also had to sleep with the AC on a couple of times in January because it got so warm during the day that the apartment was at an uncomfortable temperature for sleeping. Crazy!
2. While at church during the Sacrament, I heard one little girl to my right say, "Cheez-A" (Jesus) while looking at pictures of Him with her mom. Behind me, a little boy says, "Poopy Head!" Hahaha!
3. My last day of work at Applebee's was on Feb. 18th. I had a "last meal" of my favorites: boneless wings with honey BBQ sauce, fries, and I tried a Triple Chocolate Meltdown dessert (pretty tasty!) and a Maple Butter Blondie. I had a blondie YEARS ago and loved it, but this one was different. It was still pretty good, but I probably won't ever crave one again. :) Anyway, it was a good last day, but nothing special. I trained someone that day and then clocked out and left! I had finally come to kinda of like working there and I liked a few of the people I worked with, so I guess it was a little bit sad. However, I was mostly just glad to be done. :)
4. Ben and I had some cookies and milk one night and put the empty glass on the floor. Shortly after, the cats came over to the glass and started sniffing it, knocked it over, and tried to get their faces in the glass so they could get to those little drops of milk on the bottom! Haha! Brian Regan came to mind as I watched them do this, "How do I get that goodness IN me?!" from his Poptarts bit!
5. Ben and I spent a weekend in New Braunfels before he started work so that we could try to get an idea of what kind of housing was available. We tried to go see a movie one night, but the only theater we knew of was closed. It was a normal weekend night (no holiday or other special event) and it wasn't late. It was about 8pm...and the theater was closed. CLOSED! And I don't mean closed down and not operating, I mean they had started their last showing at about 7pm and there were no show times any later than that! Crazy! How do they expect to make any money?? Well, since then, we've seen it open a little later and we've found a second theater in town that has normal hours. :) Oh, we also got to enjoy free pancakes at IHOP for International Pancake Day! I don't know who decided to have such a day, but I won't turn down free pancakes no matter what the reason (it was actually even by chance that we ate there that day and were pleasantly surprised by it!).
And that's February! Stay tuned for March!

2 comments:

Dad D said...

Good recap. At least you don't live a boring life. Never a dull moment.

Dad D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.