Sunday, June 17, 2012

Again?!

Well, yesterday was an eventful day at work.  Not only was it busy, but I kept getting the customers with no prices on their items that needed a 'price check' or there was some other kind of hold-up... AND...there was another arrest!  This lady had been hanging out in the jewelry section for a long time and had one of our ad flyers covering her purse.  She was watched, followed, and stopped.  She was asked to open her purse and she resisted.  The manager and an associate had to use force and get her to go into the office and then the police were called and she was later arrested.  She was walked out in cuffs with the police officer while all the customers up front watched and whispered.  Kinda sad, but mostly crazy.  All that for $16 worth.  She has a history with the police for drugs, and since she was shoplifting from a city she does not live in it was automatic grounds for arrest even though it was under $50 of merchandise. Sad to know that people are willing to risk so much for so little!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I was going to make a smart alec remark, like At Least She Has Good Taste in Jewelry, but actually she sounds like she has a lot of roblems, so I guess I won't make light of her situation. So sad.