Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Problem Solved

Internet has always been a problem for Ben and me ever since getting married. We've used the free trials for the dial-up services and inevitably forgot a few times to cancel and were charged, and we even "stole" someone's wireless signal for a while...until they blocked it! Since then, we have been without Internet. Oh, yes, we've still found ways to use the now necessary Internet, mostly by going to Ben's office and using his computer, going to Luke's house to use his wireless, or even having Luke or Dad D. look things up for us! Well...NO MORE! We are sick of relying on other people or trying to make time to go to Ben's office. Therefore...we are the proud owners of not only the new computer, but we FINALLY have Internet at home! We signed up for Digis, a local wireless Internet provider. They installed an antennae on the roof and strung a wire through the combustion air duct and into our mechanical room in the basement. We hooked up a wireless router and...Wham! We have our very own wireless Internet which I am currently connected to in order to post this. Yea!! :)

2 comments:

Erin R. said...

Yea! Congratulations! Does this mean we get to read new blog posts more often? :-)

Lisa said...

I saw the Digis truck driving away from your house today and I laughed, realizing you finally broke down and got an internet connection. No more taking the computer in the bathroom to steal the best connection, I guess. :)