Sunday, February 1, 2009

January 2009/Life Update

I apologize for my lack of blogging lately. I was even scolded for it by a friend at work! January simply has not been a very eventful month.
Here are the two highlights:
Ben and I took advantage of a bonus he received from work and Circuit City's liquidation sale, and finally bought a new computer. Ben's battery was dead on the one he has had for 5-6 years, and always had to be plugged in. The cord was also on its last leg as it was starting show some bare wires and fray a little bit. It was also quite slow and frustrating. We got a good deal on a Sony Vaio with 4GB memory and 250GB hard drive. It's a 15.4 in. widescreen. We love it!
Ben and I were released from our callings. We team-taught the Valiant 9/10 class in the primary. We enjoyed our calling and learning more about the gospel along with the kids (even though it was so simplified, we still found ourselves learning). Ben has already been given a new calling. He is the ward financial clerk and he really loves it. I have yet to receive a new calling, but I think I know what it is. No, Mom, I no longer think it is the Relief Society Secretary (they have one now-whew!). I am pretty sure I am supposed to be on the Enrichment Committee. Why? Well, it's a funny story. I answered the phone one morning and the lady on the other end asked if I would be able to make it to the committee meeting that week. Um, what?? I told her that I was confused and didn't know anything about enrichment. She told me that the counselor over enrichment had told her I was on the committee. She apologized and explained that she was new when I told her that I wasn't aware I was on the committee. Either there was some confusion about the person, or the beans were spilled before I was even asked to accept the call or sustained! We'll see, and I'll keep you updated.
Other than that, nothing too exciting happened this month. I did have a girl's night with my friend Talyn that was in London all last semester for Study Abroad. We ate at my favorite Mexican restaurant, Los Hermanos, and then went and saw Bride Wars. It was a very fun and cute movie, perfect for a night out with the ladies.
Our lives are still great. Ben still has his job inspecting/rating new homes to give them an Energy Star certification. I still work at Brick Oven restaurant as a Supervisor. We don't love our jobs, but we are grateful for them, and grateful to have the things we need. We still live in Springville, and love it. We live in a great home and are thankful to Mom and Dad D. for all they do for us (and of course Mom and Dad B., too!). Our cats are still alive and kicking. They are really cute, sweet cats and we love them. We love our life here in Utah, and are glad to share it with everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, on getting your new computer!! I know how awesome it is to get something that works like it's supposed to! I know you'll have fun!

Abbie said...

Haha, I'm glad my scolding worked. :) Good luck with the calling!