It doesn't matter where you go, what you do, or how much you have. It's who you have beside you.
Monday, March 2, 2009
The Votes Are In, The Result Is...
UNBELIEVABLE! It's down to the final two, Molly and Melissa. Jason Mesnick has to make the tough choice between two girls that he is in love with. Which was it? Well, Molly exited the limo first, and Jason proceeded to tell her that she was great and wonderful and he wasn't sure how he could ever say goodbye to her, but that he had to. I was elated!! I just didn't see between them the chemistry that he has with Melissa; how sweet and kind and tender and caring he is with Mel and how perfectly she would fit into his life. Melissa was, without a doubt, so completely in love with Jason (something I doubted about Molly), and I was thrilled that this season finally ended the way it should. Yes, Jason was hurt having to say goodbye to Molly, but that's to be expected. Then Melissa arrived and he looked so in love and happy as she walked down to where he stood. He looked into her eyes and told her how he couldn't live without her and told her for the first time that he was in love with her! She squealed with delight at those words and threw her arms around him. It was so cute! He got down on his knee and proposed. She squealed again and said yes. They were so happy and so in love that it made me cry! I was SO happy that he made the right choice and would have someone to make him happy and to complete his family. It was perfect; they were perfect for each other! So, what's so unbelievable about that, like I mentioned above? What happened afterward!! They interview the happy couple after the final rose is given, except the couple wasn't so happy anymore! AHHH! GRRRR! What?!? Six weeks after he proposed, they met up in front of the cameras again for a last interview. Jason mentioned that the chemistry changed between them shortly after the proposal and that they just weren't right together. He said he wanted to officially break up with her. I AM DEVASTATED!! Mel came out and she was confused and angry and very hurt as Jason broke up with her. He claimed that at that moment, he was totally in love with her and wanted to give her everything to make her happy, but that his feelings had changed. Something that had NOT changed was how he felt about MOLLY!! UNBELIEVABLE! He was still in love with Molly. He told Mel that. She was shocked and angry that he wasn't willing to fight to keep their relationship going (and as mad as I am that he did this and as valid as her point is, Jason has a point that he doesn't want to have to fight for it, in that way). I feel so bad for her. She was so happy and he crushed her! Well, Molly came on the show then and he told her how he felt and that he was hoping that he still had a shot with her. She was confused as well and a little hesitant, but her feelings for him had not changed and so...she is going to give him another chance! I just don't trust her. I want him to be happy, but I don't trust her and I think he's making a mistake. He doesn't think so, but he thought that about Melissa too! He thinks he's finally following his gut and head and heart and that he'll finally be truly happy with her. I hope he's right, but I fear he's not. What makes me even more mad is that he broke up with Melissa in such an impersonal way (on TV!), and that even though Molly was hesitant at first, she quickly got over that and started kissing him! For heaven's sake...he just broke up with his fiancee! Can you at least give it a day? Jason didn't mind, though. How low. I am so mad. I don't ever want to watch this stupid show again. For all the seasons or partial seasons that I've watched, only once has it turned out the right way (according to me, that is), and it's too frustrating to put that much excitement and emotion into it only to have it turn out so wrong!! I'm done with these shows. Grrr.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm on your side, Janelle! Pretty lame if you ask me. I was quite devastated too. Jared didn't quite understand...he kept saying, "It's just a show." That was also his comment when I told him right before our evening prayer that I wanted to pray for Melissa. Somehow these shows always wrap up my emotions. My main point, like you said, is that he shouldn't have done that on National Television. The ironic thing is that it actually made Mel look like the bigger person. But my last point is: I think everyone (whether on TV or not) will always ask the question "What if?" "What if I made a different decision, what if I went down a different path?" I think it's natural to wonder...but once a ring is on that finger than I think a person should give everything they have to fight for the decision they made. And if a person isn't willing to do that, then they never should have put a ring on the finger in the first place.
Oh my! Wasn't that crazy, didn't expect that turn of events! I have to agree with you. I was excited for Melissa, but then 10 minutes later, devastated about his dumping of her. That was low, very low - what a jerk. He shouldn't have asked her to marry him. Then after she drives away in the limo he jumps at his opportunity of hooking in Molly. I hope she realizes what an idiot he is. I really took him as a good guy!
Post a Comment