On a happier note, Ben spoiled me rotten and made the day really special for me. He bought me some delicious cupcakes (with yummy buttercream icing) and some beautiful flowers. We went out for lunch and then he drove me to Park City to shop for a new church outfit. Unfortunately, I didn't end up finding anything I liked. BUT, I will not give up! I'll just shop around here until I find something. :) He also gave me two gifts. The first was a really cute pair of capri pajama bottoms from Old Navy (kinda like the ones we used to have, Erin!).
The second gift was something I have wanted for a long time. I have a pretty big interest in photography (and have for a long time). Lately, I have really wanted a new camera that was bigger and more capable of taking the kind pictures I want to take. So, Ben used some money that he received from another bonus at work and bought my camera for me!
Christmas paper?? Isn't it April?!
The Canon Powershot SX10 IS!! It has 10mp, a 20x optical zoom, and tons of other features. I LOVE it! To be honest, though, I knew I was getting it. Ben said everything but the actual words, but I still showed honest excitement when I opened it up and got to hold it and use it. It's amazing. It's perfect! It's not a d-slr, but it's as close as you can get, without the price!

Thank you so much, honey!!!
8 comments:
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a nice birthday. :)
My first thought when I saw the cupcake picture with the roses in the background was, "That's a really great picture. Janelle has an eye for composition. I wonder what camera she has?" Then I kept reading. Nice. You have my dream camera. I have the older version of your camera (the S3). Needless to say my mouth has been watering for the S10 for a while now. In fact, I almost want to get it over a dslr because then you don't have to take several different lenses around everywhere. The S10 is capable of taking long, close, and super close (macro) shots all with one lens. No heavy bag and equipment to tote around everywhere.
I look at this website a lot...she has a lot of free giveaways and gives lots of advice for taking pics and has guest bloggers from time to time with good advice.
Enjoy your new camera and Happy Birthday!!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2008/10/to-celebrate-the-point-and-shoot/
http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/about-ivoryhut/
Thanks for the wesbites. I love my camera and have had my eye on it for a while. I thought, at first, that I wanted a dslr but I changed my mind when I saw how expensive they were for a really good one and realized how many lenses you would need. I love the all-in-one aspect of the SX10. Go ahead...get it!
Happy Birthday! AWESOME camera!!!!
Happy, Happy Birthday! I still have those jammie bottoms and I am going to fit back into them someday! Congrats on your new camera! I look forward to many fabulous blog posts with great photography. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! What a wonderful day you had! It is always nice to get spoiled once in a while.
We expect you to take free portraits of our kids with that new gift. Or maybe we could trade for tax services;) Hope your day was great, and from the sounds of it it was.
I will gladly take your family's pictures. They may only turn out so-so though, since I'm not that great at portaits (though I hope to improve) and we sure could use tax services (though Ben has done okay on his own)! :)
Post a Comment