Sunday, May 31, 2009

One Year Older...

Or at least half a year older! As I mentioned on Ben's birthday post this past November, we have decided to start celebrating his half birthday each year. This is because I felt like I was doing a lot of shopping and only giving him gifts once a year with his birthday pretty close to Christmas. So, this is our solution for now: On his half birthday he gets gifts, an activity, and a dessert of his choice.
For the celebration this year, his gifts consisted of some new clothes and shoes and a few other little things. Then we went to see the new Star Trek movie, which was really good! The dessert he chose was Krispy Kreme donuts. Can't argue with that! We had a really good time and plan to do it for at least a third year next May! :) HAPPY (half) BIRTHDAY, BEN!! I LOVE YOU!!

1 comment:

Delcie said...

That is a great idea! I totally want in on that action next year! Happy half-birthday, little brother!!