Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Another Recommendation

Ben and I recently finished reading a really wonderful book. It is the story of a boy named Almon. Almon's story, in itself, is ficticious. The events surrounding his story, however, are so very true and real. This story is of Almon growing up in the home of Joseph, along with Mary and the boy Jesus. It depicts the life of Chirst through this character's eyes. It makes everything we know become more real. We learn about it, we read about it, but this story just made it all come to life. If you want to really feel what it would have been like to live at the time of Christ, then you should read this book. You gain a deeper understanding of everything that happened during the course of Jesus' life on earth and what it must have been like to be someone that was there witnessing it all. I really loved this book and will read it again and again. It did take a while to get through it, but that is because the typical book I would read is very fast moving and exciting. This book is slower, but still amazingly good. You can find it at Seagull Book, Deseret Book, or (in Utah) at Wal-mart and Barnes and Noble. You may even be able to find it at the library (in Utah)!

2 comments:

Walker said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I love to read, so that will go on my list of one to read. Just wish I had more time. We have book club here and are on the Princess Bride, reading that will be a first for me.

Delcie said...

I love books like that! They just bring the situation and feelings of being there, alive for you. Thanks for the recommendation!