I am no longer watching Jon and Kate plus 8. I don't think I'm the only one giving up the show at this point. I didn't even think I'd last very long anyway, but it's official now; I'm done.The couple announced tonight that they have separated. The word is that the episode was filmed about two months ago and that they are now in the middle of an official divorce. It's not a huge surprise, but I'm still sad that it came to this. They started off as such a cute family. Yeah, Kate is OCD and controlling, but they still seemed to really get along with and love each other anyway...at the beginning. I really think that the success of the show and everything that goes along with it is what ultimately caused all the tension and trouble that led to this end. It's sad that it happened! I wish that they had ended the show a long time ago (even though I've loved watching it until last season) so that hopefully it wouldn't have had the chance to take over and ruin their marriage. I know that it was a great way to provide financially for their family, but they needed to go back to regular jobs like regular people and escape all the publicity, fame, and attachment to so much money and other worldly things.
Apparently, the show will still go on. They will continue to do things with the kids separately and do their interview separately. What's the point? It's just not that fun to see them this way. It was fun when they were together as a family, nagging each other but still surprisingly happy and in love. Now it's just awkward and not even interesting. Ugh!
2 comments:
I totally agree. The show on Monday was awful. I was almost in tears thinking about how this is going to impact all of those darling children. Why people think divorce is going to solve everything and be better is beyond me. Those kids need their mom and their dad in the home. The parents need to get over themselves and get some help with fixing their marriage. Jon seems to be going through a mid-life crisis and is just not handling it very well at all. I think we just have to hope that they will eventually be able to work things out and get their family back to where they should be.
I was not totally shocked by this separation to tell you the truth. I did not watch the show, but once in a while would watch a clip here or there. I wasn't really a fan of Kate's because to me it seemed that she did not like her husband at all. Sad though, especially for the children.
Post a Comment