I just have to share a moment of kindness with you all. I'm sure you've read my posts that give advice on good restaurant etiquette where I am mostly ranting, raving, and venting all my frustrations with rude and ignorant people.Tonight I was able to experience a very rare bit of kindness and appreciation from a guest. The second he approached the host desk, he had a huge smile on his face and told me how great of a job we were doing. After he gave his name, he walked away thanking us and telling us again that were doing a great job. How awesome and nice was that?!?! He was friendly and polite and produced a glimmer of hope in me for others. There is a serious lack of appreciation for the work we do as hosts, and it was so refreshing to have someone show that to us! When we called his name, he came up to the desk and said "You're still doing a great job! You seated us in less time than you said!" All I usually hear is "You said it would only be 20 minutes and it's been 30!!" or "(*sigh*) It's going to 25 minutes??!" There are also a lot of grumpy faces that go along with the comments.
I really appreciate this man being so kind and polite. He made the stress and craziness of the night disappear for a moment or two. I hope we can all be like that more often!
2 comments:
It's amazing how something so simple can change someone's whole day. What a nice guy!
Exactly!
Post a Comment