Monday, September 21, 2009

Basket of Yummy Kindness

One of the things I love about summer is all the fresh fruit that is available, especially nectarines. Our wonderful neighbor that lives behind us has a nectarine tree! She was kind enough to share some with us and they were absolutely delicious! I was so happy to have them, especially since I hadn't been able to find any that were very good at the store. Too bad the season is ending. Can't wait 'til next year!

3 comments:

Chad & Chels said...

Next year you should can them so that you can have them all year! Or make jam or something! Mmmmm!

Lisa said...

Yum! I won't buy nectarines and peaches from the store anymore since I get them from my Grandparent's trees. The store bought ones are just gross compared to the real thing!!

Delcie said...

It's been a long time since I've had a "real" nectarine, but I remember how perfectly sweet and juicy they can be. I just hate it when the store bought nectarines are hard and dry. That's the worst!