I have two mysteriously deleted comments, one each on two different posts. Hmmm. I have a feeling that they may have been deleted because maybe they weren't very nice comments. I came to this conclusion because both comments that were posted and then deleted were on the two posts where I was doing some venting. I am so sorry if I upset anyone!
The restaurant post was put up because I have worked at a restaurant for so long and have seen so many frustrating things that guests do. It makes me upset when guests aren't kind and polite when the employees are just trying to do their jobs (yes, some may not be very courteous, but for the most part they try to be polite and really are just doing their job the best they can). So, I get on the blog and vent my feelings about it and share my insiders view with you.
The crying-babies-in-church post was put up on a day when it was especially noisy and frustrating and hard to listen/learn. I didn't mean to offend anyone or point fingers. I was just venting my frustrations with the few parents that just don't seem to make an effort to stop their child from screaming or "talking" minute after minute, don't try to give the kids quieter toys to play with instead of loud plastic ones that are banged together, or stop their kids from bothering/touching others. In a ward as large as mine with that many babies...when you mix the few that are truly constant and loud with the ones that are intermittent and not so bad...it gets to be a bit too much for me sometimes. I know kids make noise and it's not that fact that is frustrating; just how much noise and how long it is allowed to continue.
I am really not an unhappy, grumpy, mean, intolerant person. I am happy. I love kids. I know that people are generally good and kind. I know that people get stressed and struggle and try hard. I am sorry for upsetting some of you. Please don't hate me! Please remember that although it is public, this blog is also like a journal and I have the right to put up happy posts and frustrated posts and sad posts and whatever other kind I may want at the time.
Thanks!
4 comments:
I agree with you Janelle, you are entitled to your opinion, and people need to try to see your point of view as well as you seeing theirs. I understand what you mean, and I know you're not trying to make anyone feel bad. It would have been different if you pointed someone specifically out, but you didn't. I don't think you are being rude at all!
Thanks!
I'm so sorry that people were rude to you, because of your opinion! Something tells me that the people who wrote those naughty posts wouldn't like it so much if someone was snotty to them for expressing their opinion. I'm glad you didn't back down. If you believe something is right, stick to your guns! It's a great quality!
Did you mean that someone else deleted your comments?? How do people delete someone else's comments? How rude! You have the right to say what you think. But I like it that you clarified what we all know about you: you are a happy, kind girl who loves people and children.
Post a Comment