Friday, September 11, 2009

On That Day...

...8 years ago, I was attending BYU. I went to my morning class (which was a dumb computer class of some kind that I really hated) and the projector and screen were in use showing the live news coverage of what was happening. I just remember not fully understanding what was going on or the immensity of it. I sat and watched it, but it still didn't really sink in. My memory is getting a little foggy, but I think the rest of classes were canceled and I went home. The reality of the situation gradually set in, but it took much longer than you might think. I'm not really sure why, either. Perhaps it all seemed too surreal.
I asked Ben if he remembers what he was doing that day, but he doesn't. His memory isn't the best (as illustrated in the "Stolen!" post from a week or so ago), and so it's almost impossible for him to remember something that happened 8 years ago without some kind of prompting. We weren't together then...so...yeah, I can't help him remember. :)
Eight years later, I remember that day and those that perished in that great tragedy. I ache for those that lost loved ones. I hope that they have been able to find peace. My thoughts are with them.

No comments: