Sunday, November 8, 2009

Husband-less

Tonight, I am husband-less. Tithing settlement has begun, and as the wife of the ward's financial clerk, I have been left alone ever since church ended as he was there to hand out financial statements to all those that had an appointment, and print all others for everyone else in the ward. Church ended at 2pm and he finally came home for 10 minutes at 5pm to eat a quick meal before heading out for a Priesthood meeting. After the meeting, he will be going back to the church to prepare some checks for people in the ward. *SIGH*
I know I really don't have anything to complain about. I sure have missed him today, but there are some that go without their husbands for days, weeks, or even months at a time! I admire those that give of their time with their husbands while they support them in serving the Lord, serving our country, or working in order to provide for their family. I am grateful that my husband holds the Priesthood, serves diligently in his calling, and works so hard. What a wonderful man I am lucky enough to be married to! Miss you and love you! :)

7 comments:

Lisa said...

You should have come to my house. Jeff is gone for two weeks. I'm going crazy over here.

Lisa said...

Oh, and it's probably Jeff's fault that Ben was gone more. I think Jeff asked him to go to meetings this morning for him. Sorry...

Ben and Janelle said...

Yeah, Ben was at the meetings, but I didn't really notice his absence too much because I was still asleep for most of it. I just meant everything that happened after church. No worries!
I would have come over...I just didn't know Jeff was gone without you. I didn't see you at church and so I thought you must have been gone too! :) Next time. There are more tithing settlements on Tuesday and Sunday. Sorry you're all alone! See...you're one of the people I was talking about that has be to without their husbands for so much longer than me. I am sorry, but at least he's working hard (right?).

Walker said...

Put in a chic flick, that seems to always make me feel better.

Erin R. said...

Amen to the chick flick....a little Anne of Green Gables maybe? :-)

Kate said...

Welcome to my life every Sunday of the year. John is the Executive Secretary and has to do the ward program each Sunday, so he leaves for church at 8:30 to print up all the programs, then meetings start at 9 and go till 1:30. OH then he is the ward organist (can we say one man show...) so he has to stay at church after the last meeting to start playing prelude music. He gets to sit with us the last 1/2 of Sacrament. Then off to classes where he has to play the piano for classes, and we get home from church at 6 pm. And I REALLY love it when there are more meetings from 6:30 to 9 pm. I literally have to bring lunch to church for him. I am called the Sunday Widow. Am I bitter.... AM I BITTER!? Just kidding. Oh well. I guess that's part of being Mormon, right? :) At least you'll get your husband back in January. :)

Arizona Dunbars said...

Once I was at church for 24 hours. I guess when you fall asleep in high priest quorum they just let you sleep. Trista didn't even know I was missing.