Despite our hatred of getting up early, Ben and I arrived at Wal-Mart at 3am on Black Friday to start shopping for the sale that started at 5. What could have possibly enticed us to get up so early and face the crowds?
A nice TV perhaps? A gaming system? Nope.
A nice TV perhaps? A gaming system? Nope. So what was it?!
Towels. Yep, towels. We recieved the ad from Wal-Mart in the mail and saw our favorite bath towels on sale for $4.00 from $8.50! They are the Better Homes and Gardens line and are very soft. We bought 4 of them a while ago at full price and decided that getting a few more of them for so cheap was worth waking up early for.Since we were going anyway, we found a few other things in the ad that we thought we might like. We were able to get some cheap movies, Pyrex dishes, Rubbermaid food storage containers, a shredder, and a 4GB flash drive.
One of the other main things I wanted was a couple of Cricut cartridges for 50% off the normal price.
Since we were there so early, they were nearly untouched and I had my pick of them.
Since we were there so early, they were nearly untouched and I had my pick of them. After we got what we wanted (minus the movie 17 Again which they ran out of), we sorted through it all to eliminate a few things, and then waited in line to check out. By the time we left, it was 7am! Yikes! We headed home, ate some toast, hung a blanket on the window, and went back to sleep until about 11:30. Ahhhh. Actually, I had a good time and will probably do it again!
3 comments:
Oh boy. You're crazy...I slept in this year (well, as much as my three children would allow me to sleep in). Black Friday IS fun though if there's stuff you really want and you have someone to go with. I AM laughing that it was towels that motivated you though.
Good for you getting up!! I couldn't bring myself to do it this year part because we were still in CT and part because my boys aren't big enough to want those big ticket items yet. But I know I will be there soon!
oh that is funny! how did you get Ben to wake up and Go Luke just would not do the Black Friday thing and I love it. Hey Towels are awesome! love Towels that means lots of warm baths!
Post a Comment