Thursday, November 26, 2009

Great Evening

It was just the two of us this year for Thanksgiving; really low-key, quiet, and relaxing. I did go all out and make a traditional Turkey-Day dinner, though! :)
I got out my trusty cook book,


Got all the other pots, pans, and supplies ready,


Simmered the neck and giblets to make a tasty broth, and


Cooked, cooked, and cooked until all was finished.


Ben helped shake up a flour/milk mixture for the gravy.


I set the table (Sosa-in the background-wants some too!), and

Loaded it with our tasty meal of creamy mashed potatoes, fluffy stuffing, yummy green beans, delicious gravy, and tender turkey! YUM!!


We followed up with fabulous pumpkin pie. This is one thing I splurged on...it came from Brick Oven rather than being homemade (it's the best pumpkin pie I have ever had!-sorry, no picture).
We hope you all had a wonderful day with a wonderful meal. We are thankful for all our family and friends and the other blessings we have in our lives. We are especially grateful for the Gospel and for each other. Happy Thanksgiving!!
P.S. I hate how my pictures look great on my computer, but get all washed out and unclear when posted on blogger. Not cool! :)

3 comments:

Olivia McCord said...

Nice cooking! Hey, where did you get your plates? Love them!

Kate said...

BravO!! Every year I say I'll cook a turkey next year, and then I chicken out. My mom or gma usually do the turkey. So, maybe next year....
;)

Ben and Janelle said...

The plates are from Wal-mart. I got them at Christmas a couple years ago. The salad plates have snowflakes on them. I love the color, but I kinda don't like them because they scratch easily just by stacking them on top of each other. :( The bowls are really nice though! :)