I promise I will do some updating about our Holiday adventures, but I just haven't had time yet to sort through pictures and figure out what to post. In the meantime, here's a small tidbit that will hopefully satisfy you until then:

This happened last Sunday as Ben and the first counselor in the bishopric were taking the tithing to the bank. Ben was driving our Santa Fe and was waiting for on-coming traffic to clear so he could make a quick U-turn to park in front of the bank on the other side of the street. That's when a drunk driver rear-ended him, going approximately 30mph. Thankfully, no one was hurt!! Our car, on the other hand, received about $5,000 worth of damage. The drunk had insurance, luckily, and they have picked up the tab for the repairs and a rental car. Needless to say, the police did a sobriety test and then arrested the drunk.
The rental we got is so nice! It's practically brand new and only had about 980 miles on it. It even still smells like a new car! Ben drives it every chance he gets, and I even find myself excited to go to work because it means I can drive it! It is a pretty smooth ride and has lots of nice features (Ben's favorite is the back-up camera). We are trying to enjoy it while it lasts!
Here's is Ben's re-enactment of what happened. He is the tan car and the drunk is the black car.



We are thankful that Ben and Brother Eppich were protected and uninjured, despite the fact that the accident happened.
6 comments:
I'm glad you love the rental. It also makes me feel good that you are adopting my usual "Look on the Bright Side" view of life! I love the pictures--thye're wonderful.
Glad Ben is okay! Have fun with the rental car! We love getting them and trying something new!
I didn't even think about any internal damage. It sure messed up a lot of little things. I am glad the body shop is aware of all of them and hope they can get it fixed up like new. The rental is pretty cool, I like it. Is the 4 wheel drive shifter, a knob on the dash? Glad no one was hurt. Have fun in the rental. Ben, keep your eyes on the rear view mirror for crazy drunks. (Don't know what you would do, if you saw him coming, go straight???) Love, Dad
Super cute blog! I love how everything matches! Glad you're OK!
What kind of car is the rental? It sounds pretty swanky!
Glad that everyone is okay!! That is a scary thing - got to watch out for those crazy drunks!!! Also love the pictures of Luke's wedding, very beautiful!
Post a Comment