Monday, January 25, 2010

There's Still Time

I figure that since my Christmas tree is still up, there's still time to blog about what we did this year! :)
December was a crazy-busy month for us, but we were still able to relax a little and enjoy the holiday season. My parents arrived a couple days before Christmas and were able to share the morning with us. Ben and I woke up at about 8:15 and finished watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas that we had started the night before. Mom and Dad joined us for the last 20 minutes of it, and then we opened gifts.
I didn't take any pictures as we opened gifts this year, but I can tell you that one of our favorite gifts we received was a wonderful electric blanket!!I don't know how we've lived in Utah for so long without one! Prior to this, Ben spent many nights as my human electric blanket. He would lay under the blankets on my side of the bed to warm it up for me, sliding over to his own side right when I was ready to hop in. What a sweet guy! And yes, he started this on his own...not because I asked him to. :) But now...all we have to do is push a couple buttons and the bed will be warm for both of us when we're ready!
Other than the blanket, we received other wonderful gifts from each other and from family, for which we are very grateful. But we were most grateful to remember the gift of our Savior as we celebrated his birth this season.
Other family members arrived for the holiday on the 26th. We were able to spend some time with Mike and his family, as well as Scott and his. We really enjoyed each other's company as we ate dinner as a family (thanks for all your hard work, Mom!), visited, played games, and watched the kids play together.
Mike and Meggan's youngest daughter. She is such a happy, smiley baby! We were best friends while they were visiting. :)

Mike and Meggan's other daughter. She LOVED popping the bubble wrap!

Story time with Jan!

Mom and Dad brought a challenging puzzle with them, along with a $10 prize for the first person to solve it within 5 minutes. Scott, Mike, Meggan, and Kim all took a turn before I did, but weren't able to figure out how to take the 5-piece puzzle and put it together into a perfect square. I did it!! Actually, Ben and I worked with Mom and Dad to try and figure it out when we were visiting them in Oregon, but with all the time we spent messing with, we still couldn't do it. For some reason this time, I played with it a bit and just got lucky!

Ethan and Felicity reading the Christmas ABC book they made with Grandma

More photos, including our New Year's Eve celebration. We had it a couple days early since families would be leaving before the real one. We had pizza for dinner and the kids watched a movie together. After the movie, the kids had some treats and went to bed. Then the grown-ups had their party! We had goodies to eat, played games, and drank Martinelli's at midnight.

We hope you all enjoyed your holiday as much as we did!!

1 comment:

Erin R. said...

How fun! I can't believe how big the kids are!! I totally remember going over and watching Ethan with you when he was just a baby! And Felicity....she looks so much like her mom! I'm glad you were able to have such a great time with your family!