Originally, the estimate for the damages to our car from the accident was about $5,000. However, once they took it apart and ordered new parts for it, the cost went up. I don't know how much higher it went up, but it was enough that Geico was debating whether or not they would total the car. NO!! We bought our Santa Fe brand new and it was still in excellent condition. How sad would it be have it totalled, not get it back, and have to start all over?! I really didn't want to have to go through the process of finding another car. Would we buy used, or would we buy new and start all over with payments? Getting a new car might be fun...but we really didn't want to have to deal with that headache. Ben and I hoped and prayed that they would decide to just go ahead and fix it. Our prayers were answered! We will be getting our car back on Friday.

Now, I love my Santa Fe and will be so happy to just have it back and not have to think of getting another car, but Ben and I really LOVE the rented GMC Terrain we have been driving. If we had to buy something, it would be this (or the Chevy version...the Equinox). We love how smooth the ride is, how quiet it is, the nice features it has, and more. As glad as we are to get our Santa Fe back, we will really miss this awesome car! Now, I'm sure there are nicer cars out there, but they would be much more expensive. For a decently priced crossover, this is the way to go. If you are in the market and want a crossover...buy the new 2010 GMC Terrain!
4 comments:
I'm sorry you have had to deal with auto insurance. I HATE dealing with that. In college someone backed into my rear door and even after the insurance paid for it, it still left me $500 out of my own pocket (that's a lot for a college student). John has been rear ended several times. Once by a semi-truck. He has rear ended some people too. I can't stand dealing with all that over the phone and being without a car until it's fixed. I'm glad you got a rental though and you get your car back. PS Watch out for those american cars! :)
Hey! I actually did read your post back in the day on kidney stones, but I went back to remember it. Those were HUGE! So far, Matt hasn't seen anything. Hope it passes soon, or dissolves completely!
When we've dealt with insurance companies, it has been a huge headache! I hope everything went well and you got your SUV back today in tip-top condition.
I hope you have your car back by now!! I'm glad it all worked out, and even though a new car might have been sweet, the car payments probably wouldn't have!
Post a Comment