It doesn't matter where you go, what you do, or how much you have. It's who you have beside you.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Live Auction
I mentioned before that our ward was going to be holding an auction to help Haiti, and it was held this last Saturday. It was actually a lot of fun! They had some tables set up with items for a silent auction (this is where they offered the family photo shoot I volunteered), and then there were items up front that were auctioned off by a real auctioneer! It was so cool to hear him mumble so fast and to try to bid for the things you wanted. We had a really good time and came away with the few items we wanted.
I really loved the plant, as I was needing something to fill in this corner of our bedroom. It was a steal! I came away with it for only $8!! I bid against only one other person that started her bid at $5. As I was leaving, someone stopped me and asked how much I paid for it, and then told me that she paid over $65 for one just like that for her daughter's wedding!
I also really liked this canvas picture. I don't have any real artwork on my walls and have wanted something for a while. I really loved the colors of this one and was glad to be the winner!
Ben had his eye on the first aide kit. It is a fancy-dancy one with dividers and a lot of stuff inside!

The winner of my photo shoot is a young couple with two kids. We haven't arranged anything yet, but I will post about it when it happens to show everyone how they turn out. I am still very nervous, but I'm sure it will be okay. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love buying stuff.... it's bad really! But good buys!!! Hope the photo session goes well!!!! Good luck! Tell the BO hello! HEhehe... I was thinking just the other day how when I was student teaching you stayed late for me.... the was so nice of you! (super random... sorry!) BUt it was very nice!
Good buys! I'm glad you guys had such a good time! Good luck on your photo shoot!
Well, you guys got some great stuff! It's fun to buy stuff for a good cause. I am coveting your first aide kit. We have one, but still that is nifty. I'm thinking I'll restock ours soon and then I can feel nifty about that...
You got some good stuff too! It was a fun auction for sure. Good luck with the pictures! Practice your best funny faces/funny noises/fake exaggerated sneezes etc to get the kids to smile! lol I'm sure the pictures will turn out great.
Post a Comment