Thursday, April 1, 2010

Contest

I have learned from others about the Pioneer Woman and how amazing she is. I have been following her for a while now. She's a great cook and shares her recipes online and in a cookbook. She is also an amazing, self-taught photographer (which is the main reason I follow her), and shares tips and tricks and other info. She likes to do photo contests based on a theme and then you can enter photos you've taken for a chance to win great prizes. Heck, she gave away a Nikon D90 just randomly a couple weeks ago! The contest she is currently running is based on the theme 'green'. I have entered a photo each day (except the first), but haven't been chosen as a daily winner yet. Bummer. But what do you expect when she has to choose from well over 30,000 photos!! (Yes, I really do mean 30,000...in fact, I've seen it at over 50,000!) What are the odds that out of all those amazing photos, she would choose mine? Not very good. However, I do wish to share them with all of you, as well. Here are the 'green' photos I have entered,
followed by other ones I considered but ultimately did not pick.

There they are! Hopefully these show up bright and crisp on your screens. I don't know how to ensure that they do. It seems like sometimes they are perfect, and other times they seem a bit blury or distorted, or just not crisp and clear. I don't know what it is. They are fine when I view them, but when I post them on blogger, it's hit and miss. Any tips? :)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow Janelle! These are excellent!
I haven't entered any photographs...but yours surely look worthy!! :-) Way to go!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! I'm very impressed!

blim4evans said...

Those are beautiful Janelle! That is so fun

Erin R. said...

They look awesome! Love the peacock!