
The year is 2001 and I am 20! I am at the very same Los Hermanos restaurant celebrating my birthday with both family and friends this time.
In 2002, it was just me and my friend Erin. The next year it was me, Erin, and Ben (who was only my friend at the time). Then the year Ben proposed, I had lunch there the day after my birthday with Erin and our friend Ashley. And the pattern has continued as such.
This year marked the 10th anniversary of going out to eat at Los Hermanos to celebrate my birthday! Erin and her husband Grant were able to join us like they have in years past (Erin has actually been a part of this every year since it started!). Granted, we haven't always been able to do it ON my birthday, but we make sure to go every year for that purpose. I don't know what will happen if we ever move away! I guess we'll have to drive or fly in to town! :)
After dinner, we all went out to the theater to see the movie 'How to Train Your Dragon'.
I had only heard the name and seen a picture of it, and quickly formed the opinion that it would be stupid. I thought it would be some kind of Anime film. However, I kept hearing of people that had seen it and said it was really good. I was doubting that opinion I had formed. So when deciding on what movie to see, this was one of the options. I decided that I'd like to give it a shot and see what all the hub-bub was about, and was very pleased with it. It was a very cute movie and I, too, would recommend it to others. :)
The only drawback was the fact that it cost $17.50 to see it on a weekend night!! That is SO crazy. Don't get me wrong...I had a great night and would do it again. I am just complaining about the theaters and how they rip you off by charging an arm and a leg!! Sheesh!!!
I had only heard the name and seen a picture of it, and quickly formed the opinion that it would be stupid. I thought it would be some kind of Anime film. However, I kept hearing of people that had seen it and said it was really good. I was doubting that opinion I had formed. So when deciding on what movie to see, this was one of the options. I decided that I'd like to give it a shot and see what all the hub-bub was about, and was very pleased with it. It was a very cute movie and I, too, would recommend it to others. :)
The only drawback was the fact that it cost $17.50 to see it on a weekend night!! That is SO crazy. Don't get me wrong...I had a great night and would do it again. I am just complaining about the theaters and how they rip you off by charging an arm and a leg!! Sheesh!!!Okay...here is a picture I found online when I searched Yahoo for images of Los Hermanos:
What are the odds?! This is my friend Ashley and her man! This was taken at my birthday celebration in 2006. :) Ash...are you sure you want people to be able to find pictures of you so easily on the Internet?! :)
5 comments:
Wow! I can't believe that you found that picture. Thanks for making me aware of it. I'll have to take care of that.
Love the Los Hermanos tradition.
Sorry we're not closer to take part this year!!
Sweet Mexican cheese what a great thing to do! Hope your Birthday was filled with good stuff, and from reading your blog it sounds like it was.
We had a great time too! And yes....if you do ever move away you will have to come into town for our yearly Los Hermanos trip!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! What a fun tradition. If I lived in Utah, it would definitely be a tradition of mine too. You can't go wrong with Mexican food. We miss Los Hermanos! We also miss Cafe Rio, Jamba Juice, Burger Supreme, the pizza place you work at, the list goes on!!
Happy Belated birthday! What a great tradition! It's so nice to be able to do things that you really love on your birthday! I have eaten there once and loved every bite! You have great taste!! It sounds like you had a really great time!
Post a Comment