It doesn't matter where you go, what you do, or how much you have. It's who you have beside you.
Friday, May 7, 2010
Warning!
When you peel a bunch of potatoes to make some homemade mashed potatoes, use caution when shoving those skins down the disposal. Make sure the water is running, and only grind up a little bit at a time. If you do not heed this advice, you will have the same problem I did. Well, I did have the water running, but I shoved as much as I could into the disposal at once. I almost had them all in when I noticed something strange. The drain wasn't clearing! Yep, I clogged it up. We tried running the disposal off and on, filling the sink with water to help force it through, using our toilet plunger to push it through, all to no avail. In the end, Ben had to pull out everything from under the sink and then pull the pipes apart before we could get all those ground up peels cleared. Sheesh! Sorry!! And again, I failed to realize this would be a good thing to take pictures of to blog about, so here is yet another generic Internet photo. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haha, I did that same thing about 2 years ago, right down to using the plunger and finally having to take apart the disposal! We're lucky we have patient husbands :)
This happened to me once. Once is enough! I place a plastic bag in my sink to catch all the potato peels and then throw it in the trash after wards. My poor pipes can't handle it....
Post a Comment