I did it! I made some banana bread for the first time ever, and it was delicious! Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the actual bread. I did have a little trouble with it at first, though. I doubled the recipe and the first two loaves that I baked turned out with soggy centers. It looked great when I pulled it out...all puffed up and nicely browned, but as it cooled a little, the centers sunk in! Just the top, middle was still a little uncooked. We ate around it though and it was tasty! But the second two loaves were perfect! I just added a few minutes to the bake time and tested it with a toothpick. YUM! I will definitely be making this again sometime.
It doesn't matter where you go, what you do, or how much you have. It's who you have beside you.
Friday, May 7, 2010
Banana Bread
I did it! I made some banana bread for the first time ever, and it was delicious! Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the actual bread. I did have a little trouble with it at first, though. I doubled the recipe and the first two loaves that I baked turned out with soggy centers. It looked great when I pulled it out...all puffed up and nicely browned, but as it cooled a little, the centers sunk in! Just the top, middle was still a little uncooked. We ate around it though and it was tasty! But the second two loaves were perfect! I just added a few minutes to the bake time and tested it with a toothpick. YUM! I will definitely be making this again sometime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yummy, sounds good, i love banana bread
Did you add chocolate chips to it? I can't eat banana bread without chocolate chips!
Funny that you say that...I HATE banana bread with chocolate chips. Yuck!
Post a Comment