Monday, November 29, 2010

Ben Had Another Birthday! (11-18-2010)

This year, I made something for Ben that was a first for me: I made omelets! It was a challenge, but was kinda fun to do something new. I also served hashbrowns and some turkey bacon with it, and it was sure yummy!


Ben opened his gifts a little later and then we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse.
It was our first time there and we are big fans! We told them it was his birthday and they came and sang to him while he sat (backwards, I might add) on a saddle. Ha! :)

Then came the best part...we went to a midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1.
It was AMAZING! We had perfect seats, too. We weren't able to get tickets to the theater with reserved seating, so we got in line at about 9:45pm. We were able to go into the theater shortly after and sit in the warmth to wait for the movie to start. We were pretty far back in line, but we found a set of two seats just off to the side at the top all by themselves. We were right above the entrance and so no one was infront of us and we were able to take our shoes off and put our feet up. There was also no one behind or beside us. No one crawling over us over and over as they got up and down before the movie started. We still had a great view of the screen and wouldn't have traded our seats for anything! Talk about lucky! We brought some entertainment for ourselves while we waiting, and then watched and thoroughly enjoyed our movie.
Happy Birthday Ben! I sure love this guy and am so happy to be with him and to celebrate his birth. :)

2 comments:

Dad D said...

Happy B-Day Ben. That food looks very tempting. Nice photo's.

Walker said...

Happy birthday, Ben! What a fun filled day! I love omelets, good job! We also love Texas Roadhouse, especially their rolls! The movies was awesome - so much closer to the books than any of the movies.