Monday, November 29, 2010

Halloween (finally!)

For Halloween this year, I didn't dress up as anything spectacular. I didn't even take a picture of myself in my costume! I was a devil. I bought a little kit at Walmart with a headband with horns on it, a tail that attaches to your belt, and a little devil's pitchfork. With those things, I just wore jeans and a red long-sleeved t-shirt. It was sufficient and looked alright and was certainly affordable. :) Here, however, are some pictures of some other people at work that had some great costumes!
My host girlies:

Teletubbies! They WALKED to work and had lots of stares, laughs, comments, and people wanting pictures. They also all came walking into the dining room together in a row. It was so funny!!

Little Red Riding Hood with her basket of baby packets:

Braveheart (complete with realistic Scottish accent), a doctor, and Mario in the background:

Cleopatra and a Genie:

A very cute, pregnant lady bug and...??? :)

A mime and Wilma Flintstone:

A bee keeper and his mean little bee that stung his behind!

And the best, most creative costume goes to these girls:

But what are they dressed up as?!

A roll of silverware! They had the knife, fork, straw, and the red Brick Oven wrapper! SO creative and funny! Loved it!

After work, Ben and I attended our ward's Trunk-or-Treat. It was a rainy day, but the rain had stopped just before the festivities began. However, as the kids were collecting their candy, we watched a huge rain cloud move toward us very quickly...and then it POURED! It was hailing and raining so hard! Everyone squealed, closed up their trunks and headed home. At least some of the kids were able to show off their costumes and get candy!

We decorated our car very similarly to the way we did last year, only this was tons faster and easier (there is no backdrop or dry ice and it took about 5 minutes or less to throw it together). :) Hope you all had a great Halloween (last month)!

1 comment:

Dad D said...

Great set of pictures. Looks like lots of fun. Miss your picture Jan.