Monday, November 15, 2010

Tidbits

Here are a few tidbits that aren't important enough for a post of their own. This will help me finish catching up! :)

* Ben and I went camping for a second time over labor day weekend! We missed out on any camping last year, had a nice two-nighter this year, and then followed it with yet another night. This time, though, we got the WORST spot in the campground. It was The. Last. One. It was in the full sun from about 9 or 10am until the sun set behind the mountain at about 6 or 6:30. Luckily, we got there in the afternoon and didn't have to wait for too long. We found some shade several feet away from our actual site and set up our chairs and relaxed. Once the sun went down, however, it was actually quite a pretty spot! Beautiful big mountain right in front of us. I might add a picture later, but that require extracting it from my phone and I am feeling too lazy to do that. :)

* When passing out flyers for a Relief Society Meeting, there was a sweet old lady in the ward sitting on her front porch when I came by. She asked if I could stay and visit! How cute is that?! Well, that kind of thing (talking with a complete stranger) is hard for me. I told her I had to finish passing out flyers. However, I just could NOT stop thinking about her and how much she wanted to visit. I finished my flyers and then mulled around a bit thinking it over. I went back. I was able to stay and visit with her for about 15 minutes or so. It was a little akward, but not too bad! I felt so good about it afterward and happy that I had done it. :)



* The other day, Ben and I were out driving. Ben motioned to the car in front of us and asked me if I noticed anything weird about it. Sure enough, the steering wheel on the right! That's certainly not something you see every day in the US. Ha! It looked so weird and kinda freaky! :)


*We had our first snow fall on October 26th. It didn't amount to much and I had mixed feelings about it...I LOVED it, but also hated that it was snowing in OCTOBER!


Just a couple more posts, then I'll be all done catching up! :)

2 comments:

Dad D said...

I am proud of you Jan, for taking a few minutes, going out of your comfort zone, and visiting with the older lady. It is easy to get lonely if you are all alone. Way to go girl. I love you.

Rynell said...

Love these tidbits of your life. We should get together soon. :)