Sunday, November 7, 2010

BYU Homecoming! (Oct. 9th, 2010)

I requested work off to be able to go to the BYU Homecoming game with Ben. It was a fun day filled with BYU spirit! We missed the parade (and I didn't participate in it with Brick Oven this year, either), but we started off with the marching band coming down the street as we walked to the stadium. We got to our seats in Lavell Edwards Stadium and waited for the game to start.
(It was such a beautiful fall day, with the changing colors on the mountain)
(The picture below shows at the top, center, that one of our players blocked a pass to give our team the ball again)
(This was our view through a lot of the game. They are the same guys that sat in front of us last year and that stand up all the time and often have an unpleasant odor about them! :))
(Whoops! There goes the helmet with that tackle!)
(Cougar fans signaling "...another Cougar first down!")
(Although the picture below is technically not a good one, it shows SDSU intercepting the ball in OUR endzone as we tried for a touchdown.)
(This one was just a funny tackle that I happened to catch just right. How about that hand placement?! Heehee)
We stayed ahead for a while, but then SDSU started to close the gap. In the end, it was a pretty close game, but we came off victorious! We love our Cougs!

We have also been to a few other games this season. We've had one win from the others, and of course several losses, but at least we creamed UNLV this week! :)

4 comments:

Dad D said...

Way to go Cougars. Wish we could have been in the crowd with you.

Dad D said...

I would ask (politely)for the guys in front to please sit down so that you could see. Others behind you would thank you.

Walker said...

I am so jealous - I miss those home games. I also miss seeing the Y all lit up. Go Cougars!

Lisa said...

How fun! I miss living close to BYU. We haven't gone to any games this year.