Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Take 2!

Ben and I decided to make our own attempt at building gingerbread houses using the leftovers from making them with all the kids at Thanksgiving. I must say we were much more successful! I think a large part had to do with using the right mixture for the icing to begin with, rather than trying to add flour to it to make it thick enough!

Ben tried to make a covered porch. It was a great idea in theory, but it just didn't hold up very well. The icing finally hardened into this:

Notice his chimney and the red Twizzlers coming from it? I said it looks like a chimney fire, but Ben says it's supposed to be smoke. :)
Mine even had some gummy bear carollers and Santa on the roof!

We really had some fun putting these together. :) I love the Christmas season and the activities that go with it!

4 comments:

blim4evans said...

cute! I havent made those in such a long time, it looks fun!

Erin R. said...

Super cute! We weren't that creative this year....we just bought the kit from Costco. Gummie Bears...yumm!!

Cathy said...

Cute! I'm glad you got a second try, and that they turned out so well. I'm not surprised, though. You are so good with your hands!

Dad D said...

Those were both cute. Glad you had fun, thats what it is all about right?