Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Christmas 2010

Our Christmas this year started off with a pre-Christmas dinner with my mom and dad. We had delicious baked ham, homemade scalloped potatoes, rolls, green beans, and a yummy homemade, no-bake cherry cheesecake. What a wonderful, traditional meal!! Thanks, Mom!

Mom and Dad left a couple days before Christmas to spend some time with Matt and Trista's family in Arizona, leaving Ben and I alone on Christmas day. Were enjoyed having yet another Christmas with just the two of us. Very quiet and easy-going. Not that we don't love to have family around, but I'm sure we won't have very many more (if any) oportunities to spend the time together as we did. :)
Christmas morning, we woke up and opened gifts and then had a yummy breakfast together.

*notice our lovely section of non-working lights...happened only a few days before Christmas!*
I base our Christmas breakfast off of what I had growing up. Therefore, we had eggs, bacon, toast, danishes, orange juice, and hot chocolate! It was divine and very filling!

Here is a picture of what was left over from our 10 inch snowfall only a week and a half before Christmas: mostly melted, but enough present to consider it a "White Christmas", I guess. :)

Ben and I spent the rest of our day being lazy. He played his new Wii game (Golden Eye--a true man's game) and I don't remember what I did. I think I was on the computer while he played. Then we had a yummy dinner of roast, mashed potatoes, crecent rolls, and a salad. Ben also had a shrimp appetizer!

And here is Ben's gift to me--a new hand mixer! It's sooo nice! My other one was a five-speed mixer, however, speeds 2-5 were all the same! This one is fancy-schmancy! It's a 10-speed with digital number and it automatically starts a count-up timer when you begin mixing! I sure do love it, especially the fact that it can handle chocolate chip cookie dough so I won't have to stir it by hand any more! I know it's late, but we hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! More posts to come soon! :)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Merry Christmas! (who cares if it's a little late...I love looking at Christmas trees and lights any time). Your house looks so great and is decorated so pretty for Christmas time. I just love that time of year! And all that food looks so yummy...what wonderful traditions you've already started. :-)
So, I have to ask about something you wrote...you said, "I'm sure we won't have very many more (if any) oportunities to spend the time together as we did. :)" Is there something I should know?? :-) Keep me posted!!
PS-I'm sorry for the late response about the cabin. I checked with Jared's parents on Sunday and they said they have no problem letting people stay there as long as a family member is present. I guess there are special things with the gas, heat, water, garbage etc. that have to be turned off/on when entering and leaving. They wouldn't want anyone to take any liablity, etc. But maybe sometime we can plan a vacation with you and Ben and Erin and Grant and we could have a big friend reunion. But as far as renting the cabin out, Jared's parents said they aren't doing that...they want to keep the cabin for family use at this time. Sorry, babe.

Walker said...

I am with Ashley with the sentence you wrote "not having opportunities to spend...." Are you trying to say something, but not going to? Or I just totally read that wrong.
Love the decor, very lovely. My house does not look so lovely!

Ben and Janelle said...

Okay, so, I'm sorry about the way I worded that phrase about not having very many more (if any) opportunities (which I also mispelled...) to spend time together as we did. I am NOT making an announcement! :) Many of you, if not all of you, know that Ben and I have been trying for a while to have kids. It was just a way to say that we're hopeful that our situation will change soon. Notice that I said "not very many"...because we just might have other Christmases with just the two of us. But for sure I will have my family around for this coming Christmas, and then hopefully by the following year we would have a baby. That's all. :) Thanks for your excitement though!