Thursday, March 31, 2011

Valentine's Day

While I don't really think that there needs to be a day set aside just for love (you should show love all the time!), I do like to celebrate Valentine's Day in at least some way or another. This year, Ben and I didn't want to have to wait forever at a restaurant, call around trying to make a reservation, or be amongst the crowds. To avoid all that, we picked up some take-out from Cracker Barrel and ate it in the comfort of our own home. For dessert, we had some delicious brownie bites with pink icing that I made. I also set up our air bed in the living room and made it all pretty so that Ben and I could watch some movies (on Netflix) after our dinner. For a gift, I gave Ben a basket of yummy caramels, and he bought me some flowers and balloons. Yay! :)Even thought it's way late, I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Dad D said...

Second try...
Way to go you two. We are glad you are so in love. We love you both too.

blim4evans said...

Looks so lovely! Can you give me the recipe for the brownie bites/ frosting?

Erin R. said...

Super fun! Grant and I didn't even exchange cards this year...

Cathy said...

Those brownie bites sure look good. In fact, the whole evening looks like a great idea!