Monday, June 6, 2011

One Last Time

Eating at Los Hermanos in celebration of my birthday has been a tradition since 2000. I have LOVED it so much! I say "loved" and the title says "one last time" because....


we're moving! To Texas. I have only ever lived in Arizona and Utah, and the furthest east I have ever been is to Midland where Ben grew up (you can see it below, in the western part of the state).
I am sad to leave behind a place and many people that I have really come to love, but I am so excited to just go out and do something new, on our own! Even moving to Utah from Arizona wasn't that big of a transition because I had visited Utah several times and I had brothers living close by. So now it's time for the two of us to take off on an adventure together, and I can't wait! We will be moving to east Texas. It's a city called Tyler, and you can see it on the map just southeast of Dallas, kinda near the Louisiana border. It is really green and pretty out there!
In February, Ben was told about a job opening for a company out there that also does Energy Star rating on homes. A former coworker of his from Utah is working for this company now and told him about the position. We went out there in March and looked around and found out more about the job. Overall, this was a better opportunity than what he was currently doing here, and Ben took it! He is actually out there now working, and will be coming back to get me later this month. I am excited to be together again and to start our new journey!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow! I didn't even know this was in the works. Good luck on your new adventure!! That is so exciting!

blim4evans said...

That's so exciting! We'll all miss you, good luck!

Olivia McCord said...

I hope you and Ben loving living in Texas. Utah will miss you:) Good luck with all of the packing and moving. What a great adventure for your family!

Rynell said...

Congratulations to Ben on the new job! We're going to miss you guys though.

Kate said...

Wow. Texas! Good luck with that move! :)

Delcie said...

I'm so excited! I hope we can get together more than the "never" we have been! Good luck with your move and with the new job! I hope you guys enjoy your new adventure!

Lisa said...

Excuse me. I am waiting for a blog about Texas! Hop to it!