Some kind Elders from the ward helped load the truck with almost everything on Saturday the 18th of June. Then we packed up the last of the truck late into Sunday night and spent Monday cleaning house (with Ben sick in bed over half the day-so in reality, it was kind of nice to have the extra day).
Our cats were so stressed and upset about the whole cage and moving thing! Poor things.
We kept them in the back of the car with some side windows cracked and the glass popped up in the back. It worked pretty well for the first day of travel and most of the second day before I started to feel too bad for them being in the hot car. Then we shifted some things around, put them in one cage together, and then put them up in the cab of the moving truck with us for the rest of the second and all of the third travel days. They were much happier! When we stopped in Midland for the second night, we almost lost them! I opened the cage door and put the big, covered litter box in front of it so they could use it if they needed. Well, I was watching them carefully until I got distracted by helping unload the truck. I did keep glancing at them for a while, but then they squeezed their way out while I wasn't looking! Luckily, Ben found them just down the street a little ways just laying in the road. It was a bit scary, but we did get them back and locked them securely in the cage! They were so glad to finally get to the apartment and to be able to stretch out and relax!
I will have more info and pictures about our new apartment once we have everything unpacked and in place!
3 comments:
That looks like one tuckered out cat. I didn't know about that getting out. It is funny and lucky that they didn't just run off.
I am so glad you blogged! I've been wondering how you are doing! Thanks for all the catch-up.
Glad you got there safe!
Post a Comment