Friday, July 22, 2011

The 7-Year Itch

I know what they say about the '7-Year Itch', but upon arriving at this milestone in our marriage, I have to say that neither one of us feels very itchy! :) We have been truly blessed to have such a strong and good relationship. We are best friends, loving to spend as much time together as we can and enjoying the chance to be married and to continue that marriage through eternity. In celebration this year, we enjoyed a nice dinner at Carino's Italian Grill, we went to see Transformers 3, and each ate a piece of yummy cake bought from a local grocery store. We also drove to Midland to spend the fourth of July with Ben's family. Our 4th included a pancake breakfast, a nap, swimming in Mom Belk's pool with Ben's nieces and nephews, a BBQ, and glow sticks (in place of the banned fireworks). I didn't get many pictures, but here's one of some of the group playing Scum (aka The Great Dalmuti),and then I took some of the glow sticks. Kinda cool! I also gave Ben a really fun anniversary gift this year. A girl from work at Brick Oven had several years of experience doing caricatures professionally, so I had her do one of Ben and me! It turned out SO cute and Ben really loves it. I had her put Brick Oven in the background since I was working there while Ben and I dated, when we were first married, and for the last 4 1/2 years. It's been a big part of both our lives and so I thought it would be so perfect as a part of this caricature. This girl did not disappoint! It's fabulous (and if anyone is interested, I can give you her phone number)!
Here's to another fabulous year with my sweetheart!

2 comments:

Erin R. said...

Happy 7-years!! The picture is super cute! What a great gift!!

Delcie said...

Congratulations on 7 years together! I can't believe it's been that long! I love the pic of you two! How funny!