Okay, so I'll be honest: Moving from a 5 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment has been quite the challenge. Granted, we did not actually occupy all 5 of those bedrooms with people or belongings, but we had PLENTY of places to put the belongings that we have accumulated over our 7 years of marriage. A 2 bedroom apartment is quite the opposite. I am grateful that we have a coat closet, a pantry, a washer/dryer, a linen closet, and even a storage closet on the patio. Despite all this, we are still tight on space and our two formerly outdoor cats are now inside with us as well. I have had to limit the things we have unpacked, leaving some items in boxes in the storage closet. I have also had to be pretty creative in the kitchen, since I have a total of 2 drawers (as opposed to the 10 in Utah). Needless to say, I have been doing a lot of wishing and hoping to be able to buy a house! One thing about living in Texas, is that housing is more affordable. Upon making the decision to move here, we planned to move into an apartment for a little while and then try to find a house we could afford and finally be homeowners! This time cannot come soon enough, as far as I'm concerned at this point.
Don't get me wrong, though. We will not rush into something just because we want a house. However, we have actually already found one that we really like! We are living in Tyler, but Ben works in Lindale (about 15 miles from city limit to city limit, but we are on the south side of Tyler and travel time for him is about 40 minutes). This house that we like so much happens to be in Lindale, less than a mile from his office. :)


It has an open field to look out on from the front of the house, giving it the feeling of being in the country, yet it has houses on either side, putting you in the midst of a neighborhood as well. The fenced back yard is quite large, compared to the Utah house, and you don't feel too crammed in next to your neighbors. It has 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms and a 2-car garage. The inside has all been redone, with some trey ceilings, ceiling fans, two-tone paint, tall baseboards, crown molding, new carpet, new tile, a built-in in the family room, a formal dining room, and eat-in kitchen. The master bath has his/her closets, two sinks and a separate tub and shower. There is a guest room with its own little bathroom, and the kitchen has at least 10 drawers and lots of cupboard space. The yard would need a little work, but I think the outside of the house is just cute. I can totally see myself in it! Granted, this is the only house we have looked at close-up, but it just seems so perfect! However, I have watched plenty of HGTV and have had advice from family and friends and I understand that we have to know how much we can afford, stay in budget, and look at lots of options before deciding! And I don't know how long it will be before we truly start house-hunting, but I can't wait!! I'd move into this house this week, if we could! :)

Here is a link to the listing if you're interested in checking out pictures of the inside, which I could not get:
http://www.landsoftexas.com/texas/?detail=&inv_id=985298
4 comments:
How fun that you two get to start off on a new adventure in life. I think moving is fun. I have to agree, the house that you like is super nice!! Just a bit of a warning though, don't buy a house right now unless you are planning on living there for a long time. Housing prices are still dropping and it's very difficult to sell if you have to. If John and I can ever sell our house we are probably going to rent for a while, but that won't happen cause we couldn't sell our house in a million years with how far housing prices have dropped. Oh well. At least I love my house and ward and neighborhood still.
So is texas hot like Mesa? If so, you have moved to the other "heaven". :)
That house IS adorable. Good luck I can't wait for the day that I get a house. Looks like things are going well for you guys!
I tried to go to the link to se more and the computer screen went blue and said it had to shut down to keep from damaging the the computer. It was weird so I won't try that again. The house looks nice from the outside tho.
It looks lovely! It's hard to not jump at the first one you love... Now, though, you have a great reference point! You can find a realtor and let them know exactly what you like and what you don't like. You never know...maybe this is where you are meant to be, but maybe there is an even better place! Be patient, be picky!! Grant would get stressed out with how picky I was being, but was grateful for it in the end! House hunting is a lot of fun....enjoy!! Keep us updated! I would love to see pictures of the top contenders!!
Post a Comment