My family has a reunion every summer, but Ben and I moved about a month before it took place. Luckily, however, I was able to fly back to Utah to be there for it! After long hours, layovers, and otherwise uneventful flights, I was able to make it there and back. :) I had so much fun being with my family. We had a pool tournament for the adults,
while the kiddos played in the wading pool in the backyard. 
Guess who accidentally made it all the way to the finals in the pool tournament!? ME!! I won my first game because Scott sank the 8-ball out of turn. The second game I won because Matt scratched while trying to sink the 8-ball AND sank the ball in the wrong pocket. Then...in the final game with Mike,
he sank the 8-ball out of turn too! So, I WON (by default and with the bad luck of others)!! Mike thought I needed to be labeled as a cheater. Haha! :)
We also had a fun birthday party for the kids that had all had birthdays recently. Here are all the older kids wearing their party crowns and showing us how old they are now!
We had a bean-bag-toss,
a three-legged race,
potato-sack race,
a water relay, 
and a water balloon toss. The kids also put together a cute little skit that they performed for us.
It was so fun to see them all participating together (even little Carlee as the make-up person, pouffing all the actors' noses)! The adults were able to have a turn with the three-legged race. Since Ben wasn't able to be there, Mom was nice and teamed up with me. Unfortunately, she came away with grass stains and a twisted ankle, but I don't have any pictures to prove it. I did tell her not to do it, though! :) The adults also participated in the water relay.
Whoops! Gets a bit wet and slippery!
Then we had a birthday cake to top it all off. 
Fun day! Then, of course, we had our traditional Bingo game, had a movie night for the kids,
and we went to our favorite park in Provo Canyon for a BBQ and to play. 



Here are a couple of pictures I just love of all the older kids sitting on the grass enjoying their ice cream sundaes together.
So sweet! Such a fun time with family. I am so glad I was able to go! It was sad to not have Ben there with me, but I am glad he was willing to let me go anyway.
Oh, I also got to take some family pictures for Matt's and Scott's family, as well as some newborn pictures of Scott and Kim's newest addition! If you haven't seem them yet, come check them out at www.jbphotography09.blogspot.com !
Parting shots of two of my adorable nieces:

5 comments:
How fun! Did your mom plan all that? That's a lot to do. How awesome! It's fun seeing pictures of your family. I haven't seen them all in a very long time.
looks like a great time!!
Good times. And I think the pool table was tilted and that's why I didn't win...yeah that's it. Good pics thanks.
That was a great blog, Janelle. It was a really fun time together. We did miss Ben though. It was nice of him to share you with us. Thanks for sharing.
This is like a little Dunbar journal of Good Times. Thanks for posting your wonderful pictures. So sad Ben couldn't be there too -- :-(
Post a Comment