Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Crazy Psycho Ladies

I have had two recent experiences I wish to remember so I am recording them on my blog.  Okay, so number one was a phone call I got at about 1:30am sometime in early May.  I had been asleep for probably less than two hours, but my phone rang and I thought it must be my alarm.  I grabbed the phone and just kinda looked at it, trying to focus on what I was doing and turn off the darn alarm!  Then it hit me that the phone was ringing rather than the alarm going off.  I didn't realize in time to answer it, plus the caller ID said 'Blocked'.  Ben stirred beside me and I told him someone had called me.  My phone started ringing again from the same 'Blocked' caller.  I figured it must be important if they were calling so late and called twice in a row, so I answered it.  I get terrible-to-no cell reception in our house, so I struggled to hear the broken words she was saying.  Eventually I could hear well-enough to understand that she was asking me if I knew a certain person, but I couldn't understand the name she was saying.  I had her repeat it 3 times and just told her that I had bad reception and couldn't understand.  I had the random thought that maybe it was someone from our new ward, but didn't know why they would be calling so late...but then the girl went on to accuse me of calling her husband all the time.  My number was supposedly in his phone a whole bunch of times.  I told her I couldn't even understand who she was talking about, that I certainly didn't know him or call him, and that my own husband was right next to me in bed and that I had not been calling hers.  I asked if she had a wrong number and she said she was pretty sure it was the right number since it was in her husband's phone so much.  I again told her I didn't know who or what she was talking about, told her it was really late and that I was going back to sleep and I hung up.  She did not call back.  CRAZY!  So...I assume it was a prank, but if not then she had the wrong number and that poor girl needs to try to figure things out in a better way than just calling someone at 1:30 in the morning and accusing them of stuff!  Ben just thought it was weird and then we both went back to sleep! :)

Number two was a crazy girl about my age at Hobby Lobby just a couple weeks ago.  She wanted to buy a blanket that was already on sale 50% off.  I rang it in, put in the discount, and then she said, "Oh, I have a coupon too."  People do that sometimes because they don't realize the item is on sale, so I told her, "Oh, this is already on sale."  Usually people just say, "Oh, okay, cool.  Even better.  I didn't know it was on sale," and we finish the transaction pleasantly.  Not this girl!  She repeated to me that she had a coupon and I repeated that it was already on sale.  We both repeated ourselves yet again, because I just thought she must not really understand what I'm saying...but it was me that didn't understand that she knew it was on sale and STILL wanted to use her 40% off coupon!  I told her that we can't do that...we can't accept a 40% coupon on top of an item that is already 50% off.  She immediately jumped down my throat telling me she does it all the time and has receipts at home to prove it.  I told her no again and nicely explained that the coupon says right on it that it is for one regular-priced item.  That wasn't going to fly with her.  She wanted a manager and, hoping to just solve the situation without involving a manager, I tried again to explain that it was printed on the coupon and we couldn't do it.  Her mom came up just then and was also annoyed that she couldn't use the coupon!  The girl demanded a manager, so I asked our CSM cashier that is always up front if she could use the coupon.  She said no, as expected, and the girl proceeded to tell her what she had told me.  Patti said no again, and the girl said she wanted the manager.  I explained that Patti is our Customer Service Manager, and she demanded to know the store manager's name and number.  She got out her phone and with a spoiled, snotty look on her face she typed his name into her phone and I tried to get the store phone number for her.  Seriously...she's like, "well I'm not going to buy nothin', then," and her mom decided she was also not going to buy anything.  The girl was much more rude and snotty than the mom, but they were both ridiculous in their behavior!  So, I suddenly remembered that our store manager was actually there that day, so I told her that and asked if she'd like to talk to him.  She said yes and I called him up.  She continued to complain while we waited for Keary to come, and then she told her problem to Keary and added that she always does it and gets stuff for "super cheap" and he just told her exactly what I did.  Then she demanded to know corporate's number!  She also told Keary that she'd asked for the manager and I didn't let her talk to him.  At what point did I say, "No.  You can't.  I won't let you."?  So to defend myself, I explained to Keary that she had asked for a manager and so I got Patti...and then she snapped at me saying, "I am not talking to you, I'm talking to him!"  Wow.  Really?!  So I just stopped talking.  Then she asked Keary, not me, what my name is so she could report me to corporate!  Haha!  Keary told her his own name and told her mine and then she stormed out with her mother in tow.  I hope she does tell corporate, so they can thank me for not letting this spoiled girl get her way and purchase an item for so little!  I can't imagine that any Hobby Lobby would do that, but I guess we don't know because she didn't have those receipts, but it certainly wasn't at OUR store!  More than anything, I couldn't believe the way she behaved.  An adult, with her mother with her, behaving like a spoiled little child, throwing a fit because she can't have what she wants.  This is seriously why you don't want to give in and give your children everything they want, especially when they throw a fit, or they will continue to behave that way as adults!  SHEESH!!

No comments: