Here I am again, trying to catch up. I almost get caught up--just a post or two left--and then I get busy and don't have time to blog. Before I know it, a month and a half has gone by! I know I encourage people all the time to just forget about catching up and start where you are...but I have a hard time following that advice. :) So here are the highlights from April:
1. Our apartment in Tyler was rented! It was on a 6-month lease to us and we were responsible for it until the end of the 6 months--in May--unless someone rented the apartment after our departure. Well, we prepared ourselves to have to pay double rent, but we hoped and prayed we wouldn't have to. We planned to move at the end of February, with no hope of renters for the start of March. So...we paid for March, which ended up helping us since our move was delayed, but we were blessed to not have to pay any more than that! It was rented and we did not have to pay for April or May!
2. Some good friends of ours from Utah have family in San Antonio and while they were visiting their family, we were able to go have breakfast with them! It was pretty fun to meet up with friends from Utah here in our new area in Texas! :)
3. I had another birthday. Ugh. I mean, I enjoy birthdays...but I don't like getting older. I am IN my 30's now, and it's just depressing for a variety of reasons. BUT...I did have a good time celebrating it! It was one of the most low-key celebrations I've had, but it was also one of the most relaxing and enjoyable ones, and is now on my list of favorite birthdays! Ben and I put our little dining room table out on our back patio and had a wonderful "garden party" of sorts, on a BEAUTIFUL April evening. I put on some music in the background, decorated the table,
and we enjoyed grilled hamburgers, home made potato salad, Nacho Cheese Doritos, Wavy Lays with ranch dip, strawberries, strawberry lemonade, and cupcakes I made and decorated!
I opened up a few gifts and then Ben and I headed off to the movie theater to see Mirror, Mirror. And as a special birthday bonus, we were the only ones in the movie theater! I have never had a private viewing in a theater before, and to have it happen on my birthday only made things better! Ben and I both agreed that it was really nice, relaxing way to celebrate and we both really loved it. :)
(Rolo wanted a taste of the burgers, too!)
4. My birthday was April 9th, and in the wee hours of April 10th (around 2am) Ben woke up with a kidney stone! Thank goodness it waited until after my birthday celebration! :) We ended up in the ER just before 4am so he could get the meds he needed. We are still paying for his hospital bill from his kidney stone last May, so we're not too excited to have another one. We had insurance both times, yet we have to pay up to the deductible every year...and Ben has a habit of going every year! So we keep having to pay to cover up to the deductible amount. Yuck! Poor guy. We sure wish he didn't have to go through this!
5. I discovered a delicious new ice cream flavor! Breyer's has introduced a Golden Oreo cookies-n-cream ice cream, and it is SO yummy! If you like Golden Oreos (or just vanilla sandwich cookies in general), you will probably love this. We found it at Walmart, so give it a try when you have a chance!
6. No more laundromat! One of Ben's coworkers sold us his used washer and dryer! The dryer is pretty old and ugly, but it works (though we have to use pliers to set the time). The washer is much newer but is pretty basic. Even still, I am so grateful to have them! A washer and dryer in your own home can easily be taken for granted...until you have to use a laundromat. :)
7. I got a mosquito bite on the bottom of my foot. How rude!!
8. Ben turned on Pandora Radio on his phone and plugged it in to the speaker dock we have. As we were listening to music, I got my phone and started using Facebook. Ben wanted to get on his phone too, but couldn't find it anywhere. We decided to call his phone from mine, and so Ben went to pause the music so we could hear his phone ring. DUH!! :)
9. The A/C went out in my Santa Fe so we took it to Hyundai to be fixed. Luckily it was under warranty and they gave us a cool Sonata Hybrid to drive while they fixed it! I like being up high in my Santa Fe, but I liked the smoothness and newness of the Sonata. I was spoiled for about a week, but we have my SUV back now. :)
10. There is a big, pretty lake here in our part of Texas called Canyon Lake. Ben and I took a drive out to see it and I took pictures from the car of the pretty road, and I took some of some wild flowers and the lake. It's a great lake for camping, boating, and just playing. There are several parks scattered around the perimeter of it, and we are excited to find opportunities to go and spend time there! I will do a separate post later that highlights some of the pictures I took, but for now, enjoy these pictures we took of ourselves! Haha!
11. Ben and I gave our "new members in the ward" talk at the end month. Our topic was the Restoration and I focused on the reason we needed the restoration and Ben talked on the blessings we enjoy today because the gospel was restored. We dreaded and procrastinated our preparation for it, and we were nervous to give our talks, but we made it through and it went well! :) Here we are, on our way to church!
12. Ben took me to see the movie The Lucky One. It's another one of those Nicholas Sparks novel-turned-movie. I enjoy these movies/books and this was another good one! There are some where I've only seen the movie, some where I've only read the book because there isn't a movie, and some where I've both seen and read. Books are always better than movies, but when you haven't read the book, it's so easy to fall in love with the movie, as was the case with The Lucky One. I really loved it, despite a friend of mine saying it was a terrible butchering of the book. Luckily, I haven't read it and was able to really love the movie. :)
13. Rolo decided that he likes using my house plant as a little box! He no longer has access to it. Dumb, troublesome cat!
14. So, you should read the washing/drying directions for your mattress pad. If you don't, you may melt it in your dryer like I did! We had to buy a new one that I don't like as much. :(
15. We fed the missionaries in our home for the first time ever as a married couple! We didn't have opportunities in Utah, and in Tyler we took them CiCi's Pizza once. We've had them over twice now, but here are the preparations for the first time, getting my chicken enchiladas ready! :)
16. We have these funny-looking "house geckos" all over the house at night. They hang out under the eves and eat bugs! :)
Well friends, this completes the month of April. It was actually a pretty busy month! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment