Now it's August's turn for a clump, for the things that have happened so far. I will do some individual posts, too, but here's a collection to get started with.
1. Ben and I saw the newest Batman movie, Dark Knight Rises, and really liked it!! I was a little bit afraid to go see it after the shooting in Aurora, CO, but of course nothing bad happened and we were able to enjoy it. I am still so shocked about what did happen to those people who innocently went to watch a new movie and something so horrible and tragic ended up happening to them. My thoughts are still with the victims and their families.
2. I saw my first opossum! I was coming home after work and it toddled across the road in front of me. It was kinda cute, but those long tails are kinda creepy-looking! And no, I did not take this picture either. Gotta love the Internet!
3. I came home from work another night and Ben made my day by having done the dishes and he cleared AND wiped the counters (he usually hates wiping the counters)!! What a sweet boy! :)
4. Some friends in our ward went out of town for the weekend and let us take care of their adorable puppy! Dusty is a mini schnauzer. He's kinda fluffy right now, as opposed to the traditional mini schnauzer groom, and I like him like that! He's also a more rare color than usual. He's smart, cute, fun, and one of those non-shedding breeds! Boy, I want one now! :)
5. Hahaha! I sat straight up in bed one night and started slapping at my face saying, "Spiders! Spiders! Spiders! Get 'em off of me! Spiders!" Ben told me they were fake spiders and that I was dreaming. "Really?! They are?" Hahaha! I don't even remember it, but that is evidence of just how much I HATE spiders! I am terrified of them, even more now than ever, I think. I can't even stand to look at pictures of them! I tried, just now, to get one from the Internet to add to the post ('cause I like to have pictures with everything I write if I can...) and I just couldn't! I looked it up and when I saw them, I freaked out and had to close the page. YUCK! I definitely do dream of them sometimes and it always freaks me out. I wake up and think there are spiders on me! I have gotten out of bed, turned on lights, and checked everywhere because I was so sure it was real. I hate spider dreams! Poor Ben, being awakened by my craziness!
6. We fed the missionaries again! Ben and I are both teaching in Primary now (he is in the Valiant 11 class) and we don't see the sign-up sheet for their dinner any more. BUT...it was finally sent around in Primary and we got to feed them last week. We had grilled burgers, homemade potato salad, chips and dip, and cherry crunch for dessert. They enjoyed it, and we enjoyed feeding them! It's kinda fun! I like cooking for more than just the two of us. :)
7. I am SURE that Walmart's restrooms have to rank among the top 5 diriest restrooms. Every time I HAVE to use them, I cringe. Clogged toilets, toilet paper all over, dirty toilet seats, no paper towels, no soap, doors that don't lock, etc. UGH!





8 comments:
Boy I'm glad that they are not like that everywhere. All that I have been in are in pretty good shape. It say's something about the people using them as well as management of the store.
Thanks for watching Dusty for us. I didn't realize you do photography. Perhaps you could take our "annual" family photo we use on our Christmas cards?
Thanks for watching Dusty for us. I didn't realize you do photography. Perhaps you could take our "annual" family photo we use on our Christmas cards?
That is a CUTE dog!
Luckily, the WalMart restrooms in Grants Pass are very nice and clean! I love all your posts!!!
The puppy is cute, but how did the cats take to him? Maybe a Christmas gift??
Nice pictures of the dog. You could make a gnat look good.
I haven't seen the Dark Night Rises yet. I was just telling John yesterday that we need to rent it. John already saw it though with his friends.
That's so funny about the spiders! I have nightmares about spiders too. I always have dreams that I have millions of them in my home and they are trying to bite me and I can't get away or get out of my home. *shiver* But between spiders and scoprions, I'd have to say scorpions freak me out more.
It depends on the Walmart. The Walmart I shop at actually has decent bathrooms. I hate ALL public restrooms though, but the one I go to is actually clean (clean as far as flushed toilets, cleaned counters, no tp on the floor goes) every time I have used it. I hate public restrooms. I never sit on the toilet (I squat). I use my foot or a piece of toilet paper to flush them and open the bathroom door.
Post a Comment