1. I bought a very tasty, very juicy cantaloupe and Ben and I ate the whole thing in one evening! Where did we get it?! At a gas station/food mart! The station is called Buc-ee's.
It's the LARGEST fuel station I have ever seen!! In an article I found online, it said the building is 68,000 sq ft (and could probably be mistaken for a movie theater, based on its size), and it has 60 gas pumps.
There are 34 stalls in the women's restroom, and of the Buc-ee's stations, this one is said to be their largest. No 18-wheelers are allowed to use it, and the food mart inside that 68,000 sq ft building is HUGE! They have more than just food though. They have all sorts of Buc-ee's labeled souvenirs (shirts, slippers, mugs, key chains, pajamas, hats, etc, etc.),
an outdoors/hunting area, other clothing and gifts, fresh jerky,
fresh cooked food, fudge, all kinds of packaged foods,
2. Another Texas thing is Rudy's BBQ. It's really tasty, and our first visit was such a nice one! The sky outside was filled with dark storm clouds, there was lightning and thunder, and it started to pour rain. And there we were inside, by the windows, eating yummy Texas BBQ! Then we went home and snuggled up on the couch to watch a movie while it kept raining. :) This IS the one in New Braunfels, but I did not take the picture.
3. Following the rain storm that lasted several days, the frogs came out and serenaded us at night! Here's a video I took of them. Toward the end, Ben turned his flashlight onto the one closest to us, but he's still hard to see.
4. I was actually putting my make up away where it belongs instead of leaving it on the bathroom counter, and then I dropped it. On the hard tile floor. UGH! Liquid foundation and glass went everywhere, but sweet Ben helped me clean it all up. :)
5. Just before Ben and I left to go to Utah for a reunion, my oldest brother Jeff was able to stop and see us in New Braunfels! He drives truck and was making a delivery to a place called Uvalde, west of San Antonio. He was able to stop over in NB for 2 nights and we took him to dinner in San Antonio at Smash Burger on Saturday, and then had him over to the house for dinner on Sunday. I haven't seen him in at least 3 years, so it was pretty fun to be able to spend a little time with him in our new city! I just wish I had taken a picture with him.
6. Ben and I went to Utah for a family reunion, but that will be in its own post a little later. :)
And that's it for July, folks!! :)







3 comments:
Texas is so funny. There are so many random things there.
I'm so impressed with that gas station! It's fantastic!! And I want to try the barbeque place. It's hard to find really good barbeque. I wish it would rain here for a week--we need it!
Everything's bigger in Texas, right??
Post a Comment