Sunday, April 7, 2013

Where Have You Been?!?!

Dear Family and Friends,
It's true. I, too, have disappeared from the blogging world. Sad, huh?? The saddest part is that hardly anyone will even see this post 1. because you've given up on my blog and just don't even check it any more, or 2. because you are like me and don't use blogs that much any more at all. I never imagined I would come to this point; the point that so many others have come to and that used to frustrate me because nobody blogged any more! I do still like blogs better than Facebook because you typically add more pictures and a lot of detail to your stories, thus allowing others to truly feel like they are able to keep in touch with you and know what's going on in your life, good, bad, and funny.  I have fallen so far behind on my blog, thus making it hard for me to find the motivation to get caught up. I have encouraged others that this has happened to, telling them to simply start where they are and not worry about catching up. Just because it's not on the blog doesn't mean it didn't happen and that you don't or won't remember it. However, I have a hard time following my own advice! Maybe it's the perfectionist in me. I want to keep track of the activities we've done and keep them posted in order of occurrence and have record of it.  I don't want to leave things out, yet I don't want to go through all my pictures, choose ones to add, and take all that time catching up, meanwhile still doing things that will then need to documented as well! Plus, I lost many pictures of things we've done with a phone crash (yes, I've become pretty dependant on my smart phone and use it for everything now: camera, calendar, texting, calling, emailing, and Facebook...all so much easier on one handheld device I don't have to boot up!).   With my addiction to my phone, I also basically stopped using my computer, so blogging meant having to turn on the computer, transfer pictures, and spend time doing that. *SIGH*  Now it's just way too much to even think about having to catch up on!
So...I think I may, in part, finally follow my own advice. I would like to type up a bullet list of the things we've done (mainly so I won't forget...because some of them are the things I lost the pictures for, and without them to remind me...I may forget about). Then, I will proceed to blog from here on out, as things happen. I do use my computer more often now, too (my photography has picked up a lot and I am on here editing all the time).  The only thing that may hinder my intentions is that I have been really busy with work and photography, so I typically get tired of being busy and looking at my computer screen editing photos, so then I want to shut it down and find other things to do. Nevertheless, I will make a better effort to start blogging again!  I also really want to turn my older posts into a book...but that takes time and money...both of which I am often short on! Haha.
Anyway...I will try to do much better.  Will you???
PS-I haven't been reading other people's blogs either (those few of you that still have them), so I apologize for not reading and commenting.  I also will probably not take the time to scroll through all your old posts to get caught up.  It's not because I don't love you or don't care about your life. I will try better to keep up-to-date on reading them from now on too. :)
Love,
Janelle

1 comment:

Dad D said...

Boy I have slaved for hours on old blogs, you better read them, every one. Just kidding. Everything you say is so true, it is hard to catch up. I will try to do some blogging after we return from our trip. I am also busy at a very slow project of scanning slide to the computer. Carry-on Dear. Love, Dad