Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Scentsy


These are the coolest candle warmers! Traditional candle warmers use a tealight candle to melt the wax or a plate to heat up a whole jar (which takes forever). These warmers use a lightbulb to heat up a couple of cubes of scented wax. Just plug it in, click it on, and the bulb lights up and melts the cubes! The scent quickly fills the whole room. I am hooked on the concept, but the product is a bit pricey. Fortunately, I have found an alternative! Here in Utah County (and possibly other counties) you can find Scentsationals, a Scentsy knockoff, at Wal-mart!! I am not trying to convert anyone away from Scentsy because I really love it, but I would be just as happy with an almost exact duplicate and a fraction of the cost, and thought I'd let others know in case they feel the same. Scentsy offers large warmers for $30, but Scentsationals sell for $13! Granted, the warmers are not quite as cute and they don't have as large of a variety, but they are so much cheaper! I continue to check the supply at my local Wal-mart and find that they are gradually bringing out different designs of warmers. I have yet to find one that I love, but in the meantime I buy the bars of scented wax for only $1.88, instead of $5 from Scentsy, and they look exactly the same (except for the label), and smell great! Luckily, I was given a small Scentsy warmer that plugs straight into the wall as a gift from work (something Scentsationals doesn't sell...yet), so I am able to enjoy the scents that I have purchased. For those that are interested but don't have a Wal-mart that sells them (in the candle/home decor section), you should check out the Scentsy website to see if there are any there you like, even though they are more expensive. The small warmers that I mentioned are only $15, and they have really great scents that Scentsationals doesn't offer. It's worth looking into! Just click on the Scentsy link on my side bar, toward the bottom.

No comments: