
Elder L. Tom Perry and the other Apostles. This man came in to Brick Oven, the restaurant I work at, last night! I was standing at the host desk when he walked up and announced that he had a party of 14 and said, "Now what are you gonna do?!" and laughed lightly. How neat it is to be in the immediate presence of a servant of the Lord! I even talked to him again a little later as he informed me that his party was moving to a different area of our lobby to await his turn. I told him that we were just waiting for one table to get up and then we would be able to get a couple tables put together and get him in with his party. He was so kind as he just smiled at me and said, "Oh, it's okay. You're doing great" (or something really similar to that). So often we have guests getting impatient and even angry as they wait longer and longer, but not this man! He was happy to sit and visit with his party as he waited for us to prepare a table for them. As he was leaving the restaurant, I said my usual parting line "Thanks for coming in!" and he raised his arm high in the air and said a very loud and robust "Goodbye!" It was so fun to have him there. Actually, this is the second time I, personally, have seen him at the restaurant, but the first time was a long time ago. I also shook his hand once after a stake conference where he was a speaker. He's such a happy person and it makes you happier to be around him. :) Also, on Valentine's Day, Elder Holland came in. Unfortunately, I was not there that night (I was out at dinner with my love). Brick Oven has been around for over 50 years, and many of the Apostles used to eat there when they were in college and love to come back every so often. I love it when they do! :)
4 comments:
Ah, I seriously love that man. :) He's so incredibly happy. And friendly. Ya for Apostles!!!
You make me miss Utah a lot! I remember my first time I moved there and got to go to Conference at SLC. It was such a great experience for me as a new convert to the church. I really miss the mountains and Cafe Rio and of course yummy BBQ chicken pizza at Brick Oven(still my favorite pizza).
I guess you guys will just have to move back, huh? For now, I could hook you up with FREE BBQ chicken pizza just about once a week! Tempting enough?? We'd also introduce you to Costa Vida (unless you've already tried it)--the Cafe Rio knockoff that's cheaper and just as good. :)
That pretty cool that you got to meet Elder Perry! I don't think I've met him yet. No, I haven't. I think I would remember if I did. Lucky you!
Post a Comment