I apologize for not blogging lately; I haven't had anything very interesting to blog about! Just for those wondering, here are the not-so-interesting things that have been going on:
1. Ben finished winter semester this week. He did really well in all his classes and will take a break for the summer before starting classes again in the fall. As a reminder, he is studying for his Bachelor's in Building Inspection Technology to be a city building inspector.
2. We have been doing some yard work to improve the looks of our yard. We've pulled weeds, trimmed the grass around the fence, aerated, and mowed. We are also planning on buying some top soil to refresh the ground and get new wood chips. The weather, however, has prolonged the latter!
3. I played with the idea of teaching again. I ended up not loving teaching, but I started thinking that maybe it would be different and better if I taught in a private school. The benefits would be that I wouldn't have to have a certificate (mine expired and is costly and time-consuming to renew), the class sizes would be much smaller (I had 30+ kids), there would be more freedom with teaching the curriculum and the ability to teach the way I want instead of having to follow some pre-determined program, and I could relieve the guilt I felt when giving up and not giving myself the chance to use my ideas and be the teacher I knew I could be. SO, I went into a private school and was given a tour and asked a lot of questions and even set up a formal interview for a 5th grade teacher opening...and backed out. I went home and really thought about it and realized that the main reason I was thinking about teaching again was because I have been feeling the need for a change from Brick Oven and teaching is the only other thing I know! I also realized that it probably wouldn't make me as happy as I was thinking and hoping it would. Oh well. :) I feel relieved that I am not going through with teaching again, so it must be the best choice.
Other than that, Ben and I have been going to work and doing the typical every day things. Life is good, though! We are happy! :) Hopefully I'll have something interesting to blog about soon.
1 comment:
Your yard work sounds fun! It sounds like its gonna look great. I know what you mean about change, sometimes we all need it.
Love ya!
Post a Comment