Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bundle of Joy

My brother Mike and his wife Meggan welcomed their fourth child recently. We traveled to Idaho to visit with them and be there for the baby blessing. It was really nice to be there and visit! We even had a fun girls' night with toenail painting and some hair dying!

Mom painting my toenails for me
Trista and her daughter

The finished product, flowers decals included

Trista's toes, with flowers to come

Meggan working on her toes

Trista needed some new highlights. She bought a kit at the store with the cap that you pull chunks of hair out of. It took about an hour and a half to get all the hair pulled through! :) It was fun to do it though! I was nervous that it would be horrible, but it turned out great (though I don't have pictures of the finished product).

The hair dye soaking in!

2 comments:

Delcie said...

Your family reunion looks like it was a blast!! Who wouldn't love a makeover party with just the girls?! Fun!

Kate said...

GNO. Haven't had one of those in forever! It's fun to see your family in these pics. I haven't seen them in a long time. It's fun to see how their families have grown too. I did that hair kit to my friend's hair once in college, and it turned out really cute. So then I thought I could do it too and let my little sister do it and it turned out HORRIBLE. It hurt so bad the whole time cause she pulled my hair in chunks, only to end up with enough hair to equal a pencil that WASN'T pulled through in the end. At that point it's dying not highlighting. Oh it turned out so awful. Thank goodness I did it the night before Brett's wedding too (HA!).