Yes, it's true; the movie is here and I have seen it. Was it good??? Yes. Did I love it??? Not as much as I hoped. Ben and I were left a bit disappointed. It was well-made and the main parts of the book were in it and it was good, BUT it left out a lot, added things that weren't in the book, and rushed through (like they have since book 4 was made into the movie). It just didn't seem to flow very well and there were a lot of differences. Please, though, don't let my judgement of it ruin it for you if you haven't seen it!! Usually, I don't even analyze movies...I either like them or I don't...but it's hard not to analyze the Harry Potter movies, when you've read and loved all the books! I just think that the movie producers/screenwriters take too much liberty with it. It's like they're jealous that the author came up with a good idea for a story, so they buy the rights to it, but then change it enough so it can be their story! Well, the fact is, they didn't think of it themselves, everyone knows it, so they should keep it as close to the same as possible. Overall, I really did enjoy it and will buy it to add to our collection. :)
It doesn't matter where you go, what you do, or how much you have. It's who you have beside you.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Yes, it's true; the movie is here and I have seen it. Was it good??? Yes. Did I love it??? Not as much as I hoped. Ben and I were left a bit disappointed. It was well-made and the main parts of the book were in it and it was good, BUT it left out a lot, added things that weren't in the book, and rushed through (like they have since book 4 was made into the movie). It just didn't seem to flow very well and there were a lot of differences. Please, though, don't let my judgement of it ruin it for you if you haven't seen it!! Usually, I don't even analyze movies...I either like them or I don't...but it's hard not to analyze the Harry Potter movies, when you've read and loved all the books! I just think that the movie producers/screenwriters take too much liberty with it. It's like they're jealous that the author came up with a good idea for a story, so they buy the rights to it, but then change it enough so it can be their story! Well, the fact is, they didn't think of it themselves, everyone knows it, so they should keep it as close to the same as possible. Overall, I really did enjoy it and will buy it to add to our collection. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My family and I go see it tomorrow, so I might comment again. I really didn't expect it to be much better than the others, but I hoped! We have just finished our Harry Potter marathon today, and I have to say, the movies were better than I remember, because I haven't read the books for a while. After seeing Half Blood Prince I am going to read all the books again. Watching all the movies really made me want to read them again, because I remembered all the stuff they left out and some of it was the best part of the story!
We finally went to go see it last night. I will have to say that I actually liked this one, but then I haven't read the book in a couple of years, so I kept saying "Oh yah, I forgot about that!" I really wouldn't mind watching a 3 hour movie of Harry Potter if they would put all the details into it. Glad to know that I am not the only Harry Potter nerd;)
Post a Comment